Chemical peels brighten and smooth the skin’s appearance by gently resurfacing it through the removal of its damaged outer layers. They are an effective non-surgical cosmetic facelift treatment for those who desire to treat mild to more severe skin conditions including sun-damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles, skin pigment abnormalities, acne, and acne scarring.
Triple board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Henry Mentz’s skin care specialists offer comprehensive chemical peel systems from SkinMedica, a leading developer of technologically advanced skin care products. Dr. Mentz offers three levels of peels at his Houston office, which can be customized to your needs based upon the level of treatment and exfoliation you desire.
"I had an amazing experience. Would do it again. - I was lucky to choose Dr. Mentz as my surgeon. I am 13 days out at this time so still early in the recovery process but I am very satisfied with my progress. I had the remainder of my sutures removed yesterday and am looking forward to the future with my new much improved face. Dr. Mentz and his "family" of caring staff are beyond what everyone should look for in a PS. I know I chose the best!! - - I was lucky to choose Dr. Mentz as my surgeon. I am 13 days out at this time so still early in the recovery process but I am very satisfied with my progress. I had the remainder of my sutures removed yesterday and am looking forward to the future with my new much improved face. Dr. Mentz and his "family" of caring staff are beyond what everyone should look for in a PS. I know I chose the best!!"- S. / RealSelf / Jan 26, 2017
"This review only contains a rating"- N.G. / Facebook / Jan 04, 2017
"Dr. Mentz is the best of the best! His skill and artistry is second to none. He is by far, the most caring doctor I've met, with safety Top priority. His office staff is just as kind and professional. After losing a great deal of weight, I had a lot of extra and loose skin. Even with Bootcamp 5 days a week and spin class, I was disappointed and embarrassed with my body, especially naked. Dr. Mentz did my lower face and neck In January. I can't, nor can anyone else see where the incisions were and it looks just as if I've aged very well. A month ago, Dr. Mentz did extensive body work. It hasn't even all settled. I'm still swollen, but I'm beyond thrilled. My body is already so much improved and I look so much better! My incisions are straight and low on my lower body. The part where tape is off, I'm amazed at my healing already. My scarring is going to be unnoticeable. My breasts are now perfect. I got improvement, in places I wasn't even expecting, nor do I know how Dr. Mentz pulled it off. Needless to say, I'm over the moon! I can't wait until I'm released to exercise and hit the level of fitness I was going into surgery. In surgeon shopping, Dr. Mentz is pricey, but with him, you get what you pay for. He is worth every penny. You can't go wrong with him as your surgeon. Dr. Mentz delivers incredible results!"- J.G. / Google / Dec 28, 2016
"Easy to schedule. Everyone that works in the office is a delight, very caring. They are quick to answer questions and concerns. They make the process, as easy as it can be. "- J. / Demandforce / Dec 18, 2016
"He is the best of the best!!!"- S.W. / Google / Dec 16, 2016
Types of Peels@headingTag>
- Illuminize Peel: As SkinMedica’s lightest peel, the Illuminize Peel works gently to increase the skin’s glow and radiance. It produces little to no peeling, making it the perfect choice for those who want a quick way to improve the look of their skin before an upcoming event.
- Vitalize Peel: The Vitalize Peel, SkinMedica’s most popular peel is clinically proven to build collagen—a key component which helps the skin to look supple and smooth. After light peeling for 3-5 days, skin will appear noticeably brighter and smoother. This peel is appropriate for all skin types and is indicated for patients who have mild to moderate skin conditions including sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scarring and melasma.
- Rejuvenize Peel: The strongest of SkinMedica’s peels, the Rejuvenize Peel penetrates more deeply into the skin to significantly improve moderate to severe skin conditions including fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, melasma, acne, and acne scarring. The Rejuvenize Peel produces light peeling for 5-7 days.
- Obagi Blue Peel® Radiance™: Your skin will look radiant and smooth after just one treatment of the Obagi Blue Peel® Radiance™ chemical peel. This salicylic acid-based peel is specially formulated to gently, yet effectively, leave your skin looking brighter, smoother, and tighter. The Obagi Blue Peel Radiance is appropriate for most skin types, and it is especially helpful to improve acne. Peeling varies between individuals, ranging from no peeling to light peeling up to a week. To see the most significant improvement to the skin, we recommend a series of three to six peels.
- TCA Peel: The TCA peel works aggressively to reduce the appearance of discoloration and fine lines. The agent trichloroacetic acid induces peeling of the damaged dermal layers to reveal a fresher, more youthful layer of skin. Because of its concentrated strength, The TCA peel is performed by Dr. Mentz or his family nurse practitioner, Renee Arriaga. Peeling typically takes place for 1-2 weeks.
- TCA Peel
$700 (with Dr. Mentz)
$500 (with Renee Arriaga, RN, MSN, FNP-BC)
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- Up to $700
- Recovery Time
- 1-2 Weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 30 Minutes - 1 Hour
- Procedure Recovery Location
The benefits of chemical peels include:
- softening of fine lines and acne scars
- fading darkened patches, like freckles and melasma
- purifying the pores
Peels Vs. Microdermabrasion@headingTag>
Chemical peels restore a fresher and radiant look to the face by gently sloughing off the damaged outer layers of the skin’s surface. Microdermabrasion achieves this through the mechanical action of massaging crystals, while chemical peels utilize the peeling action of alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) such as glycolic, fruit, and lactic acids.
Depending on the level of peel you receive, you may have redness, peeling, skin crusting, and stinging for a few days for a light chemical peel or up to 2 weeks for a deep chemical peel. You should use strong sun protection and avoid sun exposure as much as possible for several months to minimize risks like hyperpigmentation and redness.