Chemical peels brighten and smooth the skin’s appearance by gently resurfacing it through the removal of its damaged outer layers. They are an effective non-surgical cosmetic facelift treatment for those who desire to treat mild to more severe skin conditions including sun-damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles, skin pigment abnormalities, acne, and acne scarring.
Triple board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Henry Mentz’s skin care specialists offer comprehensive chemical peel systems from SkinMedica, a leading developer of technologically advanced skin care products. Dr. Mentz offers three levels of peels at his Houston office, which can be customized to your needs based upon the level of treatment and exfoliation you desire.
"I have been a patient of Dr. MENTZ for more than 15 years. He is an artist...very gifted. He is extremely kind and thoughtful. His staff is conscientious, diligent and very responsive. Choose Dr Mentz and you will be ecstatic with the quality and aesthetics. Also HIGHLY recommend Renee at the spa for fillers, Botox excetera. She is just the best."- L.F. / Yelp / Mar 01, 2017
"Dr. Mentz is incredibly talented. I was so comfortable with him and his vision for my "mommy makeover". He has such a calm and kind nature and he was exactly the surgeon I was looking for. "- N. / Demandforce / Feb 23, 2017
"This review only contains a rating"- B.M. / Facebook / Feb 21, 2017
"I had an amazing experience. Would do it again. - I was lucky to choose Dr. Mentz as my surgeon. I am 13 days out at this time so still early in the recovery process but I am very satisfied with my progress. I had the remainder of my sutures removed yesterday and am looking forward to the future with my new much improved face. Dr. Mentz and his "family" of caring staff are beyond what everyone should look for in a PS. I know I chose the best!! - - I was lucky to choose Dr. Mentz as my surgeon. I am 13 days out at this time so still early in the recovery process but I am very satisfied with my progress. I had the remainder of my sutures removed yesterday and am looking forward to the future with my new much improved face. Dr. Mentz and his "family" of caring staff are beyond what everyone should look for in a PS. I know I chose the best!!"- S. / RealSelf / Jan 26, 2017
"This review only contains a rating"- N.G. / Facebook / Jan 04, 2017
Types of Peels@headingTag>
- Illuminize Peel: As SkinMedica’s lightest peel, the Illuminize Peel works gently to increase the skin’s glow and radiance. It produces little to no peeling, making it the perfect choice for those who want a quick way to improve the look of their skin before an upcoming event.
- Vitalize Peel: The Vitalize Peel, SkinMedica’s most popular peel is clinically proven to build collagen—a key component which helps the skin to look supple and smooth. After light peeling for 3-5 days, skin will appear noticeably brighter and smoother. This peel is appropriate for all skin types and is indicated for patients who have mild to moderate skin conditions including sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scarring and melasma.
- Rejuvenize Peel: The strongest of SkinMedica’s peels, the Rejuvenize Peel penetrates more deeply into the skin to significantly improve moderate to severe skin conditions including fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, melasma, acne, and acne scarring. The Rejuvenize Peel produces light peeling for 5-7 days.
- Obagi Blue Peel® Radiance™: Your skin will look radiant and smooth after just one treatment of the Obagi Blue Peel® Radiance™ chemical peel. This salicylic acid-based peel is specially formulated to gently, yet effectively, leave your skin looking brighter, smoother, and tighter. The Obagi Blue Peel Radiance is appropriate for most skin types, and it is especially helpful to improve acne. Peeling varies between individuals, ranging from no peeling to light peeling up to a week. To see the most significant improvement to the skin, we recommend a series of three to six peels.
- TCA Peel: The TCA peel works aggressively to reduce the appearance of discoloration and fine lines. The agent trichloroacetic acid induces peeling of the damaged dermal layers to reveal a fresher, more youthful layer of skin. Because of its concentrated strength, The TCA peel is performed by Dr. Mentz or his family nurse practitioner, Renee Arriaga. Peeling typically takes place for 1-2 weeks.
- TCA Peel
$700 (with Dr. Mentz)
$500 (with Renee Arriaga, RN, MSN, FNP-BC)
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- Up to $700
- Recovery Time
- 1-2 Weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 30 Minutes - 1 Hour
- Procedure Recovery Location
The benefits of chemical peels include:
- softening of fine lines and acne scars
- fading darkened patches, like freckles and melasma
- purifying the pores
Peels Vs. Microdermabrasion@headingTag>
Chemical peels restore a fresher and radiant look to the face by gently sloughing off the damaged outer layers of the skin’s surface. Microdermabrasion achieves this through the mechanical action of massaging crystals, while chemical peels utilize the peeling action of alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) such as glycolic, fruit, and lactic acids.
Depending on the level of peel you receive, you may have redness, peeling, skin crusting, and stinging for a few days for a light chemical peel or up to 2 weeks for a deep chemical peel. You should use strong sun protection and avoid sun exposure as much as possible for several months to minimize risks like hyperpigmentation and redness.