As we age, we start to notice loose skin around the face and neck. Due to aging, the elastin and collagen structure of the skin loses elasticity, and the skin loses some of its self-moisturizing components making it appear loose and saggy. In addition, skin can lose its elasticity due to factors such as sun exposure, excessive smoking, regular intake of alcoholic beverages, obesity, weight loss, poor diet, and others. Triple board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Henry Mentz offers several nonsurgical treatment options at his Houston office, including the ThermiRF system with ThermiTight and ThermiVa.
ThermiTight is an FDA-cleared aesthetic procedure, which delivers controlled thermal energy under the skin to reverse the effects of aging. ThermiTight, a non-surgical and micro-invasive treatment, is ideal for patients who want fast, long lasting, and natural results with little or no downtime.
"Dr. Mentz is nothing short of a magician. I went to him for an abdominoplasty in November of 2015 and his work has been life changing. His "bedside manner" is equal to his skill. I did not, for one moment, feel spoken down to or intimidated by his brilliance. He was kind, professional and has a great sense of humor. This man is an artist."- J.R. / Facebook / Aug 16, 2017
"Love Dr. Mentz and his staff! He does amazing work! He’s the very best!"- J.S. / Facebook / Sep 26, 2018
"Full Facelift - I have to give Dr Mentz 5 stars and would give him and his staff more if there were more stars. I interview 5 other plastic surgeons before deciding on Dr M. I’m 6 weeks out from a full facelift. I had no pain at all after surgery...he didn’t tell me about that!! My experience from my first visit, AnaLisa, to the day of surgery, the surgical staff, Dr. Vo, the visiting nurses, Wendy, fol..."- B. / RealSelf / May 10, 2018
"Wonderful experience! - Dr. Mentz is awesome as well as the office staff. Upon my first encounter with him he was very kind, patient and very knowledgeable. I had a BBL and I couldn’t be more happy with the results! I’m 3 weeks post-op no complications and I’ve received numerous compliments on my new body. My entire experience from beginning to now has been wonderful. I am so grateful I chose Dr. Mentz! He excee..."- A. / RealSelf / May 01, 2018
"Great Doctor, Explains everything in detail."- J.L. / Yelp / Mar 06, 2018
- ThermiTight delivers controlled thermal energy under the skin to reverse the effects of aging. The non-surgical and micro-invasive treatment is ideal for patients who want fast and long-lasting results with little or no downtime. The injectable RF treats skin laxity and helps sculpt the area of concern. The heat emitted from the radio frequency energy only targets the deep tissues within the dermis, leaving the surrounding skin and tissues unharmed. ThermiTight stimulates the production of new collagen which aids in tightening of the skin over time.
- ThermiVa uses a special wand applicator which may be applied externally to labia and vulvar tissues to restore normal tissue tone and function. The specially designed handpiece may also deliver radio frequency energy inside the vagina to revive atrophic tissue and other internal structures.
- ThermiTight is performed using local anesthesia. Patients may experience slight swelling, bruising, or redness and can resume normal activities within 24 hours. Results are immediate and improve over time. A single treatment can produce a three-dimensional improvement in the appearance of skin looseness, the effects have been shown to last several years.
- There is no downtime with the ThermiVa procedure. It is an in-office procedure that can take up to 30 minutes. You will be able to resume all daily activities following the procedure. Three treatments are recommended for optimal results, and most patients will see noticeable improvement after the first or second session.
Plan Your Procedure
- Recovery Time
- 1-3 Days
- Average Procedure Time
- 30 Minutes - 1 Hour
- Procedure Recovery Location
RF Tightening FAQs
ThermiRF is a temperature controlled radiofrequency device used to tighten, smooth, and sculpt the skin. Radiofrequency is a type of electrical energy that can be controlled and thereby stimulates collagen production in the targeted area(s). This device addresses body contouring, skin tightening, and wrinkle reduction with both non-invasive and minimally invasive applications. Patient benefits include:
- Local anesthesia
- Fast recovery
- Long lasting results
- Vaginal laxity: the treatment will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina.
- Vulvar or labial laxity: it will tighten the labial tissues and minimize any sagging (“camel toe”). This will result in more comfort in body-hugging clothing.
- Vaginal dryness: the treatment will create thicker and softer skin and add more moisture both internally and externally to improve daily life and sexual intercourse.
- Stress incontinence: ThermiVa will help reduce any leakage, accidents, or urge symptoms.
- Sexual or orgasmic dysfunction: it can help result in heightened sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter amount of time.